– SF Trebinje Convivium member, Rade Kozjak, within his position of the head of Bileca community economy department, organized for the first time food event called “Cicvarijada” (competition in cooking CICVARA, traditional Hercegovina, Montenegro and Serbia meal, cooked with corn and wheat flour, different kind of local cheese and kajmak).
– Except Cicvarijada, there was a round table modarated by Slow Food Trebinje Convivium leader “Local ressources (foodbiodiversity) as tool for tourism development.
Main objectives of two events were promotion of Hercegovina Arc of taste, Presidio and other tipical food product as toursim potential as well as advocate for the small scale producers in relation to inadequate subventions and grants from the local, entity and state level.Brief Description
SF Trebinje Convivium member, Rade Kozjak, within his position of the head of Bileca community economy department, organized for the first time food event called “Cicvarijada” (competition in cooking CICVARA, traditional Hercegovina, Montenegro and Serbia meal, cooked with corn and wheat flour, different kind of cheese and kajmak). Cicvarijada took place on 20st of june. 17 restaurants from Hercegovina, Montenegro and Belgrade participated at the food event. Slow Food Trebinje Convivium leader was member of the jury. The event has attracted big attention of local population, local, regional and state media and decision makers. According to media, some 6.000 people has visited Cicvarijada.
Slow Food Trebinje Convivium leader was invited to moderate round table “Local ressources (foodbiodiversity) as tool for tourism development.
Participants of the round table were: Masato Kuroda, responsible of the project of Japanese Agency for international development (JICA) “Hercegovina corridor off herbs and honey”; Marko Capin, JICA; mr Dragan Brenjo, BIH Agency for food security; prof dr Grujica Vico, Vice Dean of Istocno Sarajevo Agriculture faculty; Nada Jovanovic, director of Republika Srpska Tourism organisation; Nikola Bajovic, director of Bileca Tourism organisation; Zarko Vico and Miso Grubac, Trebinje tourism organisation; Dejan Seslija, Republika Srpska Agency for development of small and middle enterprises; Vito Vojcic, Ljubinje municipality; Zeljko Bajovic, Bileca honey producer; Jovo Runjevac, Trebinje vine and poljak bean producer; Bozidar Vlacic, Trebinje figue producer; Miro Kisin, Trebinje cheese producer; everything was folowed by Herceg TV.
Introduction was made by Gordana Radovanovic, Slow Food Trebinje Convivium leader. She proposed objective of the round table – bring proposals and conclusions how to use and promote better Hercegovina food biodiversity in sustainable tourism development in rural and passive areas of Hercegovina. She then presented good practice giving examples of Slow Food presidio and arc of taste products, cheese in sack and poljak bean as two products which thanks to their link with territory, excellent quality and cultural roots have attracted tourists.
After presentations of Masato Kuroda (JICA), Dragan Brenjo BIH Agency for food security and Nada Jovanovic from Tourism organisation of Republika Srpska, discussion was open. Small producers complained about lack of adequate subventions for local tipical products and tourism.
Final conclusions of the round table:
– Traditional food and inovative forms of tourism offer are unused potential of Hercegovina
– Thanks to specific geografic position, its natural and climate possibilities and rich tradition, Hercegovina can successfully compeete with its diverse offer of the local autochtone food
– There are people who have ideas and will to raise up promotion and development of Hercegovina at higher level
– It is necessary to request local and entity authorities to provide adequate subventions and grants for small producers who are producing local authentic products and developing conditions for rural sustainable tourism
– Small producers are invited to write projects and get informed about possibilities and improvement of prodution and sale
– Attention is paid to the fact that remarquable IPA funds will be available from the next year and that projects have to be prepared on time.
N. participants: 6.000
Organised by: Bileca municipality
Referent: Rade Kozjak and Gordana Radovanovic