Each year, the “Chamber of Commerce and Industry” in Elbasan organizes the national fair “Dita e Verës” (The Summer Day). It was the 18th edition this year. The Albanian small-scale producers included in the ESSEDRA network participated in this fair with the support of VIS Albania. More concretely, the producers who took part in this national event were:
– Consortium “Fryma e Kelmendit” and small producers from Shkrel (Malësia e Madhe, Shkodër, North Albania) with blueberry jam, quince jam, gentian brandy, wild plum brandy, pomegranate juice, dried blueberries, etc.;
– Sh.B.B. Reçi Prodhimtar (Malësia e Madhe, Shkodër, North Albania) with cheese from cow and goat milk;
– Consortium F.B.E. (Shirgjan, Elbasan, Central Albania) with extra virgin olive oil (KokërrMadh i Elbasanit registered in the Ark of Taste);
– Sh.B.R. Bio Holta (Gramsh, Central Albania) with red and white wine (Parelada, Merlot, San Giovese);
– Consortium Pro Përmet (Përmet, South Albania) with honey and its by-products and wine;
– Association Gruaja Dibrane (Vakuf, Dibra, East Albania) with jufka (traditional pasta registered in Ark of Taste);
– Center At Mhill Troshani (Kqirë, Puka, North Albania) with blueberry jam, medicinal herbs, mint liquor, etc.;
– Vinery Alfred (Cërrik, Elbasan, Central Albania) with red and white wine (different varieties).
The fair lasted three days and there were a lot of people who visited the stand ESSEDRA. Most of our products were unknown to them. Different informative materials, such as “When you buy, use your head” booklets, Ark of Taste postcards, Biodiversity postcards, “Wheel of Seasons” posters, were distributed to the visitors.
To be mentioned is the visit of the Albanian Prime Minister at our stand. He was surprised to see many small producers coming from different parts of Albania and staying in the same stand. After the explanation of the ESSEDRA project, the Prime Minister congratulated us for this interesting initiative.
Organised by: Chamber of Commerce and Industry, VIS Albania
Referent: VIS Albania