Vullnetarizmi Nderkombetar Per Zhvillim Ne Shquiperi, VIS AlbaniaTypology of activities
- Active participation/contributions to conferences/events
- Conferences/events organized
- Promote the themes of Essedra
- Promote the high quality small-scale local productions
- Sensitize citizens to the importance of the biodiversity of agriculture and on the ecosystems service that derive from it
- Sensitize citizens on the importance of their daily food choises
The Commune of Gjinar (Elbasan) in collaboration with different local NGOs organize each year the Opening of Touristic Season event. During this feast, the youth present a concert of folkloric dances and songs, various games, etc. Also, a fair with typical agricultural and artisan products of this region (preserved fruits and vegetables, raki, cheeses, wooden tools, etc.) is organized, where consumers and producers have the possibility to meet and exchange.
After the concert, Mrs. Lirije Bezhani gave to us the filled Nomination forms of Ark of Taste and explained that the autochthonous species of sheep and goat cannot be found anymore in this region. Few exemplars can only be found at the National Center of Agricultural Transfer. Also, she said that even the autochthonous species of apples Veriga e kuqe and Gjeshe are hard to be found. It was decided to bring these apples at Salone del Gusto, Turin 2014.
- Local Authorities
Organised by: Commune of Gjinar, various NGOs
Referent: VIS Albania